Patek Philippe Seal and Values
Patek Philippe has created a new quality benchmark for its mechanical timepieces: the Patek Philippe Seal. This new emblem of horological excellence goes beyond any existing standards of the Swiss watch industry.
The Patek Philippe Seal is unique because it applies to the completely assembled watch as delivered to its owner. In conjunction with these standards, the Seal represents a commitment to lifelong servicing and restoration for all timepieces created since 1839.
By integrating knowledge, innovation and technical developments, the Patek Philippe Seal guarantees the enduring quality of our timepieces.
As a family-owned company, we are the only custodians of this quality. The Patek Philippe Seal is further evidence that we will never compromise the integrity of our watches. We value the support and trust of our clients and with this Seal we can ensure that our watches continue to be appreciated and enjoyed for generations to come.
A symbol of a world in which the exceptional becomes the rule.
Not only does Patek Philippe consummately master all horological challenges, it is also unanimously appreciated for the exceptional quality and reliability of its timekeeping instruments. The company is a complete, vertically integrated manufacturer that develops and produces its movements, cases and most key exterior elements in-house. As an independent, privately owned business, Patek Philippe has always defined its own quality criteria - recognized by the entire watchmaking community as being the strictest in existence.
The Patek Philippe Seal is a comprehensive emblem of excellence that covers the movement, the case, the dial, the hands, the pushers and buttons, the straps and bracelets, the buckles and clasps, as well as all other components that contribute to the accuracy and aesthetic appeal of the watches. It takes technical, functional, and design-related aspects into account and also covers the visual appearance of the watch, its rate accuracy and dependability, as well as the quality of the customer service to which its owner is entitled. It encompasses the entire know-how and the unique facets that govern the development, production, and long-term maintenance of an exceptional timepiece.
Patek Philippe Values
The ten unique values reflect Mr. Philippe Stern’s, Honorary President of Patek Philippe, vision for the company and are based upon a respect for the past craft and a fascination with the future. Upholding the founding values of the company is integral to the way we work at Patek Philippe.
- Patek Philippe is Geneva's oldest independent family-owned watch manufacturer. Its independence enables it to go its own way and control its own destiny while pursuing a long-term vision. The company benefits from total creative freedom. It develops and manufactures its movements in-house according to its own quality criteria and produces only watches that reflect, in every respect, its quest for the exceptional.
- Patek Philippe was founded in 1839 and its history is part of Geneva's great watch-making tradition. It is the story of a unique heritage, a combination of experience, ingenuity and passion that the company safeguards and revitalizes in all its disciplines and skills. Faithful to the noble artisanal techniques, its watchmakers and craftsmen perpetuate, day after day, the beautiful, timeless gestures and the sharpness of eye and deftness of touch that have always distinguished the fine art of watch-making.
- Representing tradition at its most dynamic, Patek Philippe constantly pushes back the frontiers of the watch-making art through its achievements at the cutting edge of innovation. It has confirmed its pioneering role by filing over 80 patents, including 20 of major importance to the history of horology.
- Quality and fine workmanship
- Antoine Norbert de Patek and Adrien Philippe’s goal was simple; to develop, manufacture and assemble the finest timepieces in the world. Today, more than ever, "quality" and "fine workmanship" remain the watchwords for every aspect of Patek Philippe’s production.
- Patek Philippe has always conceived its watches as exclusive creations. Over 200 models are in regular production, produced in small series of between ten and several hundred watches and fitted with a vast array of in-house movements. From design to mechanism, they earn their special place in the hearts of enthusiasts the world over.
- As the product of an extraordinary amount of know-how and work, a Patek Philippe commands a high price and will fully retain or even increase its value over the years. It is an investment for the present and the future.
- Patek Philippe watches are works of art whose beauty reflects their mechanical perfection. As exceptional creations they outlive passing fashions without ever losing their appeal and modernity. Patek Philippe has established its own understated, timeless style, a harmonious combination of personality and discretion, elegance and an aristocratic touch.
- To provide a service in keeping with its reputation, Patek Philippe works with a handpicked distribution network. Almost 500 retailers representing the company in over 70 countries have been selected according to stringent specifications.
- Ask the owner of a Patek Philippe to talk to you about their watch and you will hear a story of passion, love and tenderness. A Patek Philippe is far more than a means of telling the time; it is a unique, personal object steeped in precious memories. The purchase of a Patek Philippe is often related to a personal event - a professional success, a marriage or the birth of a child - and offering it as a gift is the most eloquent expression of love or affection.
- To acquire a Patek Philippe is to become the custodian of an artistic and scientific tradition that has been handed down with care and will continue to inspire remarkable creations. It is your entry into the world of a family company where, from father to son, each generation is dedicated to perpetuating a unique heritage. It signifies that you are beginning your own tradition, by creating a bridge between the past and the future.